“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
Bilbrey Tours is Abilene’s leading resource for tourism opportunities, providing the time to travel, relax, and enjoy the amazing things this country has to offer. Read below to learn about the featured destinations for May 2019.
Painted Churches of Schulenburg
April 30 – May 2, 2019
(3 days – 2 nights)
Departing Abilene and San Angelo
$589 per person (2 people per room)
$739 per person (1 person per room)
Travel Protection Insurance: $99 per person
$25 due upon booking – Final due March 19, 2019
- Painted churches, in rural Fayette County, were built by experts at the artistry and handiwork of 19th century Europe. All 4 churches contain ornate altars, elevated ceiling & arches covered with complex designs & beautiful stained glass windows
- El Mercado, San Antonio’s Historic Market
- SAS Shoe Factory Outlet
- Tower of the Americas
- Institute of Texas Cultures
- 2 nights – San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel
- Meals: 2 continental breakfasts and 3 lunches
Springtime at the Gardens
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
$125 per person
Full payment due upon booking
- Chandor Gardens captures both the ornate design of ancient Chinese architecture and the elegance of a formal English garden. Enjoy the meandering path of beauty and wonderment of this 3.5 acre gardens. From the 30-foot man-made waterfall, to the various soothing fountains, the gardens have something new and exciting to offer at every turn.
- Clark Gardens is a breathtaking 50-acre oasis that awakens the senses, stirs the spirit and relaxes the mind. From the spring blossoms to the strutting peacocks, waterfalls splashing down into ponds and lakes were black and white swans glide about, there is a sense of magic.
- Doss Heritage and Culture Center provides an array of exhibits detailing exploration of life in Parker County and Texas beginning with the Comanche Indians who once roamed the Texas plains and continue with the lives of the early settlers in and around Parker County. Another highlight is a look at famous Texans and pop
culture icons Mary Martin and Larry Hagman.
- Lunch is included
Spring Mystery Tour
May 13 – 18, 2019
(6 days – 5 nights)
Departing Abilene, Big Spring, Midland and San Angelo
$1299 per person (2 people per room)
$1649 per person (1 person per room)
Travel Protection Insurance: $137 – $177 per person
$25 due upon booking – Final due April 1, 2019
- Join us on our Spring Mystery Tour to an unknown destination!
- Meals: 5 continental breakfasts, 4 lunches or dinners